Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oh, the sociology!


So, I finished school in 2008. I did not know what to do with my life,  do who know what to do with 18 years old? I don´t know. Now, I did not know what to do but I knew what I didn´t have to do: my parent wanted that I will enter at university and I did that. Why sociology? Because... because it was a discipline not much traditional and I like the kinds not traditional: I thought the tradition was a shit and the sociology was not much familiar.

Now that I study sociology I can to say it's a discipline in relation to the social relations, with the Chilean society, clear, I could say the sociology is a discipline that contribute to society, but what are criteria the there are criteria for to found what the best criteria are? I don´t know. The public politics are a contribution for the society, but there are a lot of ways to interpret the social problem. It´s relative to the (theoretical)  paradigm. But, yes, the sociology contribute to the society.

Really, I don´t think in the professional idea. I think the sociology is a tool that allows to the people (or students) grow and to grow competencies for contribute to the social investigation and, specially, to the knowledge.

I haven´t a favorite subject, well I think that to ''learn to know'', it need to know outsiders theory (or subject like the sociology) The sociology is a ''order of tool'' of social phenomenon, and it´s fine. The problem (that interest me) is the limit of the knowledge: the forms for to know, the question for the 'how', it permit to recognize the methodology of the investigators, for example. The human has corporal limits, his knowledge is limited.

The knowledge is an important question in my life, I think the life is always in the limits: it permit to improve!

1 comment:

  1. Really, there are many things that we can do with the Sociology. I believe that Sociology is a tool for the life, more than a career.

    ReplyDelete